Charles River CFO is adding a Senior Advisor to its Human Resources Service Practice. Working as an embedded part of the client’s organization, you will serve as the primary Human Resources consultant for each client, becoming the “go-to” HR Department for both its staff and leadership. We need someone flexible and practical when addressing issues, with an understanding that one of our primary roles is to reduce client risk and exposure to matters related to employment practices
Our HR Services practice is growing. You will work in a collaborative team environment, and be provided the support you need to deliver excellent service. Your work will be meaningful and fulfilling, supporting clients across a wide range of industries.
Charles River CFO is a New England Based FAO services firm that provides fractional, outsourced, or interim services including Finance and Accounting (FAO) Tax and HR Services. Our clients are emerging, middle market, and publicly traded companies including nonprofit and social enterprises.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with routine and complex employee relations/performance issues.
- Provide guidance on non-standard matters including reorganization, policy creation, and leadership mentoring
- Perform routine HR management duties including benefits oversight, handbook development, and updates, job description creation, etc.
- Act as the in-house HR resource for all client needs, advise and update staff as needed on personnel policy or procedures
- Serve as a resource on staff operational and compliance issues
- Develop and improve client HR systems and infrastructure within the HR service area guidelines
- Enhance and update policies and procedures in accordance with labor laws and best practices while also proactively identifying instances of non-compliance with labor laws
- Work with all levels of management to resolve issues
- Serve as a strategic partner to management and assist with employee engagement, retention, and issue resolution
- Oversee the maintenance of HR documentation in accordance with labor laws, best practices, and company standards. Delegate and manage the process as appropriate to administrators on our internal team.
- Design and coordinate new employee onboarding and exit meetings. Mitigating employment issues, lay-offs/terminations, reductions in force, and compliance to offer advice to clients on all HR-related functions
- Participate in HR Assessments of new clients and work with the team to launch new clients
- Various special projects for clients
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required; higher-level degree preferred
- A minimum of 5-10 years of HR experience with increasing levels of autonomy and proactive engagement with the work
- Experience working in small to mid-sized companies and startups.
- Experience working in multiple industries with non-profit experience preferred
- Requires excellent administrative and client relationship skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in engaging with clients in a highly professional and service-oriented manner. Serve as an effective ambassador of Insource HR at client sites
- Ability to work independently and comfort in managing and assigning work to administrators
- Technology proficiency needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate in a clear and succinct manner with diplomacy
- Demonstrated professional judgment skills and positive interactive style
- Experience explaining and presenting HR information and practices to current and prospective clients clearly and with gravitas
- Proven experience handling competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience interacting, advising, and communicating effectively in a consulting capacity
- Conversant in Federal and Massachusetts employment regulations. Proactive in problem-solving and accessing additional resources as necessary.
Charles River CFO provides fractional and interim CFO, accounting, tax, HR, and recruiting services. As a leading finance and accounting outsourcing (FAO) service provider, we work with emerging, middle-market, and publicly-traded companies in the life sciences, high technology, manufacturing, professional services, and nonprofit industries. We offer start-up and emerging companies a complete accounting and finance function while augmenting existing capabilities at large multinational corporations.
Charles River CFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our staff represents a diverse group of individuals with a wide range of interests and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, and other characteristic protected by law.